WRITERS & MUSICIANS
ON STAGE TOGETHER
FOR UCSF BENIOFF CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OAKLAND
We are working on an exciting entertainment line up for 2017!
Please keep checking back for more details.
View the Photos
We can hardly believe it either. As the front man for Coldplay, Chris Martin has taken home over 60 awards including 7 Grammys. One of the world’s best-selling artists, Martin often directs his considerable talents for philanthropic good. So, YES, the lead singer of the “the biggest, best band in the world” went from headlining the half time show at Super Bowl 50 to Notes & Words at the Fox. Talk about a thrill!
Described as “an experience to dive into, get wild with, to sweat with,” The Stone Foxes will have us on our collective feet as they command the stage with their dynamic passion. With 4 studio albums under their belts and a run as the opening act for the Black Keys, their big sound includes wailing guitars, keyboards, organs, drums, harmonica and violins. Pandora calls them “Garage Band Gold, the sound of a band hitting their stride”. Our bet? In two years, you’ll be bragging that you saw them before they went global.
PERFORMERS Chris Martin, The Stone Foxes, & Oakland School of the Arts
OUR HOSPITAL, RESEARCH CENTER & YOU
100 YEARS STRONG AND COUNTING
Back in 1912, Alameda County nurse Bertha Wright, social worker Mabel Weed, and a group of similarly civic–minded women founded the "Baby Hospital" that we know today as UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland. They believed that every child – regardless of race, gender, or financial circumstance – deserved quality healthcare.
The practice of medicine has changed dramatically from when we first opened our doors, with remarkable advances in technology and improved delivery of healthcare services. Yet the moral and philosophical grounding of the founders' mission has remained the same for every member of the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland team ever since.
We look forward to continued success, but we know we can't do it alone. To help us provide a better future for children in the community and all over the world, we need people just like you.
DID YOU KNOW?
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals Oakland is one of only five American College of Surgeons Pediatric Level 1 trauma centers.
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals are ranked among the nation's best children's hospitals in nine pediatric specialties.
- More than 3,500 doctors, nurses, researchers and other dedicated staff care for over 75,000 patients each year at the Oakland campus.
- Our patients reflect the diversity of California: last year, we provided translation services to families in more than 55 languages.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to all children, regardless of a family's ability to pay.
BECOME A SPONSOR
By investing in UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland, companies can have a significant impact in advancing the quality of children's health in the Bay Area and around the world. To learn more about our sponsorship packages, email Katia Merriam or call (510) 428-3898.